[SLL] fsck: Short read

Tom Berkley tom.berkley at attbi.com
Thu Mar 13 00:51:53 EST 2003

This is for redhat but it may work for mandrake. You can use the
installation boot cd to get into rescue mode ("linux rescue" at the
initial boot message). Then you can play with mounting the different
partitions and see if you can save your files. It also sounds like your
disk drive is degraded and needs to be checked for bad blocks but I
can't help you since I've never done it except during the initial
install on a new drive. Look at the -S option under man mkfs.ext2 for a
method of recovering your superblock data.

Tom Berkley